Monday, April 2, 2012

First Plate: OPAQUE, WASHED, AND SKETCHY



Plate One: Using coloring pencils, water color paint, and poster paint.

          The first class and plate after an overly extended break. There isn't much to say about this work, because it was the first and one of the most simple plates. The instruction was to simply draw shapes found in the classroom and paint them using only the primary colors as the base and poster paint, water color paint, acrylic paint, or coloring pencils as the mediums. This exercise was meant to show the difference(in looks and in usage) when using each of the mediums. I had a stress ball with me that day so I drew it twice. Both balls I colored with coloring pencil which doubled as a water colored paint. On one of the walls of the room I spotted a triangle drawn with what looked like a marker. this I also drew twice, but I tweaked one so it would be different from the other. I used my blue and red water color paints to make one violet-red. As for the other I painted it dark blue with poster paint. CSB being in a Christian college meant there was bound to be a cross in the room. The cross was found hanging on the wall opposite the doors. I used water color, poster paint, and coloring pencils to color this simplified version of the cross. The four quads I made came from the white board, the table, the face of a wristwatch, and the rim of my glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment