Monday, April 2, 2012

Third Plate: MASK DESIGN - EXPRESSING EMOTION IN COMPLEMENTARY COLOR HARMONY

No this is not a mug shot of a girl named Excitement.
Plate Three: Using Face Paint.




                     Plate three how exciting! The instructions for this face plate was simple but rather challenging. Challenge: Paint the emotion assigned to you on your partner's face using face paint and complementary colors only.  CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I was assigned the emotion of excitement so I grabbed two friends to play pass a partner. First we designed the plate on paper and selected the necessary color combinations. The friend(A) who painted my face used blue, orange and white to express the emotion of calmness. On her(Friend A) face my plate(Friend T) painted the emotion of fear using black, yellow, violet, red, and green. I wanted to show my excitement through a war paint and bright design, so I used red, green, violet, and yellow. I tried not to use much of the darker colors because excitement was a bright and energetic emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment